Are you looking for a new and challenging opportunity? Do you have experience with Windows Server? Technology Partners can help you make your next big career move a reality.
Our client is currently seeking a talented person for an Engineer 2: Windows Server Engineer.
What You Will Be Doing:
You will be responsible for using your technical knowledge of professional concepts to solve business problems. You will serve as a subject matter expert in their area of focus and represent their department on complex assignments. You will be responsible for evaluating elements of technology's effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research and investigation and make recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness. You will be required to listen to and evaluate customer needs to determine and provide high quality solutions that align with customer expectations. As an Engineer 2, you will be responsible for evaluating, designing, automating, testing, and documenting Enterprise Holdings' Windows Server infrastructure products and services. You will focus on ensuring that our internal products and services meet the needs of the end user and operational teams by augmenting existing services and exploring new capabilities both inside and outside of the data center. You will partner with other team members, partner and leadership alike to review the design, tooling, and automation, of services and capabilities surrounding the Windows OS and supporting services. You will provide technical leadership for driving the execution to reach "desired state" and take on the mantel of a technology and design leader on the team.
What We Are Looking For:
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. Without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- 3 years of experience providing system support, engineering and/or administration functions for Microsoft server platforms
- 3 years of experience with base supported technologies:
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
- Terminal Services
- Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, MPIO
- Microsoft - Failover Clustering
- Build automation
- 3 years of experience automating the orchestration of physical or virtual datacenter infrastructure using SCORCH, Ansible, Puppet, and/or Chef
- 3 years of experience handling incident and problem resolution
- Flexible to facilitate an on-call rotation schedule for incident response and maintenance activities
- Demonstrated customer service support ethic and focus to deliver the highest, most consistent level of customer service to our customers and partners
- Working knowledge of at least one of the following infrastructure applications:
- System Center Suite (SCOM, SCORCH, VMM)
- Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- HP SIM/OneView
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT)
- Microsoft - Operations Manager Suite (OMS)
- Experience supporting SAN connected hardware
- Established teamwork and leadership skills to drive and participate in resolution of escalated incidents with multiple technology disciplines
- Problem solving, troubleshooting, and analytical skills with the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to successfully communicate technical details to a wide variety of audiences
- Must be interested in exploring new technologies, and have a desire to push your skillset outside of your comfort zone
- Must be able to prioritize projects and tasks while adhering to the overall Information Technology standards
- Must be capable of leading meetings and discussions focused on the creation of the overall solution versus the underlying technology
- Experience in all phases of the development lifecycle, including use of formal requirement documentation, testing methodologies, implementation strategies, and troubleshooting techniques
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
It Would Be Great, but Not Required, if You Had:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Experience leveraging Agile methodologies to manage work and priority
- Experience working in large data center deployments
- Experience deploying and supporting services in Azure
- Working knowledge of SQL, VMware, Azure, AWS
- VMware VCP certification(s)
- Microsoft Server/Azure certification(s)
- Storage array and SAN management
- 2+ years of experience working with ServiceNow Service Management products
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let's go!
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners?
Check out jobs.Technologypartners.Net