Are you looking for a new and challenging opportunity? Do you have experience with Java? Technology Partners can help you make your next big career move a reality.
Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented person for an Engineer 2: Java Developer position.
What You Will Be Doing:
You will support and expand the applications that enable our global car sharing operations in a way that meets our high standards of quality. You will focus on supporting our Java-based products including our Web Services and the Telematics capabilities that the company utilizes for communicating with our fleet of vehicles. You will sharpen your critical thinking skills by assisting with the analysis and review of software requirements and participating in design sessions. The scope of your role includes software design and implementation based on business requirements, fixing defects, testing and test automation, refactoring code, and code reviews. You will also have the opportunity to develop your leadership potential by mentoring less senior team members on new tasks and assignments.
What We Are Looking For:
- ****Corp to Corp Not Allowed
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- 3+ years of experience developing with Java
- 2+ years of experience with web application delivery in a production environment
- Experience with other web application development languages, platforms and concepts including: Spring, Hibernate, Web Services, REST, Tomcat, AJAX, JSP, JSTL, JSF
- 2+ years of experience with PostgreSQL and/or MySQL databases
- Good Working knowledge of building tools MAVEN and Gradle
- Good working experience of writing test cases using Junit and Mockito
- Strong background in one or more of the following version control tools: Subversion, Rational ClearCase, GitHub, Bitbucket
- Thorough knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture and experience implementing RESTFUL Web Services
- Must be familiar with implementing standard best practices (e.g. secure programming, test first development, etc.).
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office desktop applications (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding and challenging environment
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Task management skills; ability to identify necessary steps to a solution and move an initiative to the goals
- Professional communication skills; ability to formalize proposals, communicate the need and instruct others on the use of solutions
- Ability to support a flexible work schedule to support our SLA's with our customers, and provide after hour and weekend support when needed
It Would Be Great, but Not Required, if You Had:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Experience developing with PHP is a plus
- Exposure to additional and varying software development methodologies is preferred
- Experience with object-oriented, application development principles, concepts, and object-oriented analysis and design is preferred
- Experience developing under PCI/DSS compliant practices
- Experience working with system monitoring tools like Splunk, Dynatrace, etc.
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK! We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let's go!
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners?
Check out jobs.technologypartners.net.
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.