Are you looking for a new and challenging opportunity? Do you have experience with Java & J2EE? Technology Partners can help you make your next big career move a reality.
Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented person for an Engineer 2 - Software (Java) position.
What You Will Be Doing:
As a member of the IT Risk Management team, you will be responsible for the development, maintenance and support of solutions that support the Risk Management division of Enterprise Holdings. You will be responsible for overseeing and controlling risks related to all aspects of the business. The application suite includes operational products used to process and manage claims, as well as reporting solutions for business analysis and monitoring. The team serves an ever-growing need to leverage technological solutions for more efficient and cost-effective processes that allow business leaders to make decisions in a dynamic environment.
As an Engineer 2, you will be responsible for using your technical knowledge of professional concepts to solve business problems. You will serve as a subject matter expert in their area of focus and represent their department on complex assignments. You will be responsible for evaluating elements of technology effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research, and investigation and make recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness. You will be required to listen to and evaluate customer needs to determine and provide high-quality solutions that align with customer expectations.
As an Engineer 2, Software in IT Risk Management you will be responsible for interpreting end-user business requirements to develop and/or modify technical design specifications for off-the-shelf and/or custom-developed applications. You will analyze software requirements to determine feasibility and estimates of a design and implementation. You will perform unit and integration testing and assist with developing unit test scripts. You will also define, develop, communicate and implement standards, processes, and procedures. You will be responsible for making enhancements and performing maintenance on existing applications, but also have the opportunity for new development. You will possess the ability to quickly understand the business challenges, but most importantly, you will translate these challenges into operational products to address the issues head-on.
What We Are Looking For:
- ******Corp to Corp Not Allowed. Remote work not an option.
- 3 + years of experience in Java & J2EE
- 2+ years of experience in an Oracle database environment and SQL
- 2+ years of experience with Spring, Hibernate, and Struts
- 1+ years of experience with Tomcat application servers and Web Services
- 1+ years of experience using Maven and Jenkins
- 1+ years of experience working in a Unix/Linux environment
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Must be flexible in the face of changing priorities and requirements
- Strong communication skills to effectively communicate with various IT teams
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
It Would Be Great, but Not Required, if You Had:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in Java & J2EE
- Knowledge and working experience with Agile methodologies
- Understanding of Internal Private Cloud Environments
- Experience with the configuration and setup of J2EE application servers
- Proficient knowledge Dev Ops tool and best practices
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK! We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let's go!
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners?
Check out jobs.technologypartners.net.
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.