Are you looking for a new and challenging opportunity? Do you have experience with API? Technology Partners can help you make your next big career move a reality.
Our client is currently seeking a talented person for a Director - API Practice Leader position.
What You Will Be Doing:
You will collaborate with Product Management, IT Solution groups, Vendors and Partners, Security, and Executive Leadership to establish an API Store, including the governance of API creation and potential use of the company's APIs made available to trusted partners or the public. You will provide leadership for the API Office, including the API collection and standardization effort, and identifying opportunities to transform the architecture to provide for future sustainability and optimization. You will also define and build the API Practice including management, governance, support, and operational processes and their related tools, standards, patterns, and guidelines, as well as assessing when and how to incorporate industry techniques in a timely manner. You will partner to influence and advocate IT strategies, policies, principles and practices that are aligned with the operational strategy of the business. You will lead and develop a team of Architects serving as API stewards. You will scan the horizon for emerging management tools, skills, techniques, and technologies, to ensure their timely introduction. You will also review and approve API designs from internal EHI teams. You will understand the technological requirements necessary to implement solutions as well as the team's ability to design them. You will develop standards to measure the progress of the API practice against established objectives such as revenue, expense management, a utilization metric, delivery quality, and customer satisfaction; while ensuring performance and timely achievement of goals and objectives. You will also demonstrate and continuously refine, deep knowledge of practice; work directly with and provide guidance, coaching, and mentoring to resources within the area of practice.
What We Are Looking For:
- ***************NO C2C, MUST BE OUR W2*******************
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- 9 or more years of related experience including proven API knowledge and expertise (APIM practices, the operationalization of standards and capabilities) combined with technical oversight of company-wide API development
- 8 or more years proven success team leadership; a strategic and visionary leader who establishes credibility easily and leads by example
- Exceptional ability to communicate and champion the strategic direction of the organization including the ability to articulate a clear, concise strategic vision and direction of the company; high degree of executive presence
- Proven and demonstrated "what's possible" orientation; innovative thinker and strategist
- Ability to influence and collaborate throughout all levels of the organization
- Proven expertise in solutions, demonstrates "outside-in" solution orientation
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Microservices, SOA and server-less architectures
- Ability to foster and maintain outstanding executive relationships across various constituents to promote understanding and produce results
- Proven ability to establish global strategic objectives (short and long-term) and drive implementation of tactical plans and objectives
- Demonstrated success in achieving desired outcomes of global, complex projects
- Ability to attract and develop employees capable of achieving the goals and objectives of the company; past success identifying and targeting talent for new opportunities for further individual and organizational development
- Comprehensive and effective performance management approach, including a commitment to following through on performance requirements; building and leading a talent pool with skills needed to improve performance; and succession planning
- Superior negotiation skills and ability to influence both internal and external customers, senior level IT and business leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization
- Ability to successfully lead, define, and manage service level agreements to meet customer expectations and quality standards
- Commitment to protecting our customers, our employees, and our brands by incorporating security and compliance in all decisions; ensures security policy and procedure requirements are met; continuously identifies opportunities for improving security and implements strategies to improve our security posture
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
It Would Be Great, but Not Required, if You Had:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field
- Previous experience implementing API portals or Experience in working with any one of the following technologies Kong, AWS API Gateway, Google Apigee, MuleSoft
- Hands-on experience leading the development or developing RESTful, JSON, SOAP or methods
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let's go!
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners?
Check out jobs.technologypartners.net.