Are you looking for a new and challenging opportunity? Do you have experience with Python, Scala, or R? Technology Partners can help you make your next big career move a reality.
Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented person for a Data Scientist - Intermediate position.
What You Will Be Doing:
You will translate analytics questions into data solutions & analytic models that predict product performance to improve farm productivity. This involves gathering, manipulating and synthesizing data (e.g., attributes, performance, etc.), and other relevant information to drive predictive insight that drives decision support tools within the Climate FieldView Platform. You will be working closely with our modeling & data team members to integrate & scale algorithms to create new value for our farmers.
What We Are Looking For:
- BS in Biology, Agronomy, Computer Science, Data Science or 2 years work experience in IT/Agriculture/Biotechnology
- Experience with Python, Scala, R, & operational familiarity of the companys R&D IT systems.
- At least two years of experience working with data in a technical or scientific environment
- Experience with exploratory Big Data discovery through the use of technologies such as Scala, Hadoop, MapReduce, or Spark
- Able to write queries using SQL to extract and manipulate data to achieve desired results using select statements, sub-queries, functions, links of multiple tables, scripting
- Experience with web services, api and database design
- Strong organizational skills, interpersonal skills and problem solving skills
- Self-starter; able to work alone or as a part of a team
- Fosters a sense of urgency, identifies, and overcomes obstacles
- Clearly expresses oneself orally and in writing. Listens carefully, solicits other opinions
It Would Be Great, but Not Required, if You Had:
- Knowledge of breeding, agriculture, and/or biotechnology.
- Knowledge & experience with machine learning technology in R & Spark
- Strong Understanding of database systems and management of large data sets.
- Experience in gathering and processing raw data at scale (including writing scripts, calling APIs, write SQL queries, etc.)
- Experience with Linux and AWS or other cloud based platforms is a plus
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK! We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let's go!
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners?
Check out jobs.technologypartners.net.
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.