Are you looking for a new and challenging opportunity? Do you have experience with Python and R? Technology Partners can help you make your next big career move a reality.
Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented person for a Data Scientist - Intermediate position.
What You Will Be Doing:
You will work closely with the data science group to transition our predictive and prescriptive models into a production environment. In addition, you will also invent and/or expand the impact of in-house innovations across geographies and crops. You will work with data from diverse structured and unstructured data sources, and various formats. You will work on all aspects of the design, development, and delivery of machine learning and optimization enabled solutions using R/Python to the end user. You will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with interdisciplinary scientists internal to the company, organize challenging problems, develop new solutions, and work with business & development teams to ensure these solutions deliver value.
What We Are Looking For:
- M.S. degree in Statistics, Data Science, Machine Learning, Electrical Engineering or a closely-related field with 3+ years of experience in modeling and data science.
- Training in statistics with ability to perform fundamental statistical analyses and data QC.
- Strong object-oriented programming (OOP) and design experience with at least 3+ years of experience using Python and R.
- Experience with writing Python or R packages
- Experience with Big data ecosystem including Presto, Redshift, MapReduce, and Spark and experience with relational databases and SQL
- Experience with virtualized infrastructure and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) such as Amazon Web Services
- Understanding of developing systems and software around APIs
- Strong business aptitude, the ability to rapidly learn new problem domains, and become conversant in the domain with subject matter experts.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate complex qualitative analysis in clear, concise, and precise manner.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment, leading & influencing people at varying levels of responsibility.
It Would Be Great, but Not Required, if You Had:
- Experience with genomic prediction model or large scale predictive model or deep learning
- Experience with Flask and RShiny
- Drive for translating business problems into research initiatives that deliver business value
- Creativity in defining challenging exploratory projects and developing solutions
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK! We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let's go!
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners?
Check out jobs.technologypartners.net.
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.