Are you looking for a new and challenging opportunity? Do you have experience with Application Development? Technology Partners can help you make your next big career move a reality.
Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented person for an Application Developer (General) Entry Level position.
What You Will Be Doing:
You will develop state of the art software applications that lay a digital foundation that transforms decision-making in Vegetable Breeding R&D. You will collaborate with a wide variety of professionals across the company to design and implement applications and systems that are critical to delivering the vegetable breeding pipeline. You will also act as a conduit between Veg R&D researchers and the company enterprise IT solutions used by Vegetable Breeding.
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor or Masters in Computer Science or evidence of equivalent software development experience
- Experience developing web applications. Medium-to-large, multi-tiered web applications
- Extensive knowledge about APIs. Ability to design RESTful services and integrate with other data providers.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is required)
- Experience with Linux/UNIX systems and the best practices for deploying applications to those stacks.
- Experience with different databases, including working knowledge of ORACLE, SQL, Postgres, relational data stores, and NoSQL databases.
- Ability to collaboratively use project management software (e.g. JIRA, GitHub, etc.) and contribute to team established best practices
- Self-directed individual with the ability to manage projects through all stages: requirements, design, coding, testing, implementation, and support
It Would Be Great, but Not Required, if You Had:
- Familiarity with Xamarin, and developing across platform mobile applications would be a plus
- Familiarity with statistical principles and writing statistical algorithms and methods using open-source languages (e.g. Julia, R, Python, etc.), and Rshiny.
- Design expertise and experience applying design thinking principles to iterative prototyping with user groups
- Agricultural or biological experience with an affinity for working in a research setting
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK! We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let's go!
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners?
Check out jobs.technologypartners.net.
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.