Are you looking for a new and challenging opportunity? Do you have experience with machine to machine (M2M) and electromechanical automation system software? Technology Partners can help you make your next big career move a reality.
Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented person for an Application Developer (General) - Senior position.
What You Will Be Doing:
You will do requirements, design, development, test, and support of our research control software systems. You will do data acquisition from other hardware/software systems, machine control, cloud connectivity, process control and user interaction. You will also be looked upon to be a technical leader and mentor to junior engineers. You will be a member of a cross-functional team and expected to organize, set the direction.
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelors degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or related discipline with 4+ years of demonstrable experience owning the development of automated/control systems.
- Strong software development skills
- Ability drive software development in all phases of the product lifecycle as part of a small multi-disciplined engineering team. This includes project planning, deriving requirements from system objectives, organizing and prioritizing work, and delivering results, and providing support.
- 4+ years experience developing machine to machine (M2M) and electromechanical automation system software in C#, C++, C, or Java
- 4+ years experience developing multi-threaded/process applications/services and the common constructs and patterns associated with them.
- Excellent system (software and hardware) troubleshooting and debugging skills
- 2+ years experience developing with MS technologies such as Visual Studio .NET, WPF, WinForms, console applications, etc.
- Experience with and an understanding of the value of modern development concepts and practices including OO principles, unit testing, agile development, TDD and continuous delivery
- Experience developing networked systems that communicate with data generating devices and data aggregation services
- Experience developing with network protocols such as TCP and UDP over IP
- Attention to detail and data driven decision making
It Would Be Great, but Not Required, if You Had:
- Experience developing IoT and data driven systems
- Experience in developing applications on multiple operating systems such as Windows, Unix, Linux, iOS, Mac OS, Android.
- Experience using fieldbus protocols such as EtherCAT, SynqNet, DeviceNet, ControlNet, Modbus, Profibus, CANopen.
- Experience using serial communication standards such as RS422, RS485, and RS232
- Experience developing data-driven systems using relational and/or NoSQL database technologies such as Oracle, SQLite, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, MongoDB, Cassandra
- Experience with PLC programming using Structured Text.
- Experience with and understanding of the value of modern development tools such as Git, CVS, Subversion, Jenkins, NuGet, and JIRA
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK! We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let's go!
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners?
Check out jobs.technologypartners.net.
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.