Are you looking for a new and challenging opportunity? Do you have experience with data modeling and data management? Technology Partners can help you make your next big career move a reality.
Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented person for an Application DBA/Data Modeler position.
What You Will Be Doing:
You will be responsible for the design of optimal and sustainable data models to support complex business requirements; perform architectural assessments of current and future systems and assist in the data model and query implementation. You will need to address issues of data migration and data integrity. You will define vision, strategy, and principles for data management. You will be required to define standards for naming, describing, governing, managing, modeling, cleansing, enriching, transforming, moving, storing, searching and delivery all data within the Application Development space. You will work closely with the Application Development team members and will present and explain architecture recommendations, and influence the structural relationship of data within and across systems.
What We Are Looking For:
- Minimum of 10 years overall IT experience; 8+ years of data modeling and data management
- Bachelors and/or Masters Degree in computer science, information technology or related field
- Expert level skills in conceptual, logical, and physical data modeling of OLTP systems
- Expert level skills using SQL
- Expert level skills tuning queries for OLTP systems
- Experience with data modeling tools and techniques, DB2, and SQL Server
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of complex systems and software development concepts, practices and procedures
- Insurance or financial services industry knowledge
- Experience with semi-structured data formats (e.g., XML , JSON)
- Knowledge of transaction and concurrency models
- Knowledge of scalability principles and techniques
- Knowledge of data privacy principles and techniques
- Knowledge of data security principles and techniques
- Ability to lead data initiatives and mentor/coach analysts and developers
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, and willing to self-teach and take responsibility for ongoing professional development
- Strong team interactions and motivation skills; acknowledged as a leader and SME
- Excellent documentation and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organziation
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK! We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let's go!
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners?
Check out jobs.technologypartners.net.
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.