Are you looking for a new and challenging opportunity? Do you have experience with Geospatial Information Systems? Technology Partners can help you make your next big career move a reality.
Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented person for an Analytics Developer (Big Data Cloud) - Senior position.
What You Will Be Doing:
You will design, build and support of cloud and open source systems to process geospatial data assets via an API-based platform. You will be up to date knowledge of public domain data sets that are relevant to the company Crop Sciences product pipeline. You will partner with data science and commercial communities to brings needed datasets into GIS and Big Data analytical environments. You will do the integration of key environmental data into field management systems; provides leadership in advancing the company Crop Sciences understanding of environmental influences on-field performance and risk factors.
What We Are Looking For:
- Minimum of 3-year experience with Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) such as OpenGeo Suite, Google Maps, MapBox, or CartoDB.
- Minimum of 3-year experience with Java, Scala, Python, or similar development language.
- Extensive knowledge in different programming or scripting languages like Java, Linux, C++, PHP, Ruby, Python and/or R.
- Experience working with raster and vector data sets applying GDAL and similar spatial libraries
- Experience developing REST style and OGC APIs that serve up geospatial data leveraging GeoServer or other similar open source technologies, preferably in a cloud environment
- Experience in using Geo Server enabled services via JS libraries: Google Maps, OpenLayers
- Proven experience (2 years) with distributed systems, e.g. Mesos, Kubernetes, Spark, Hadoop, Cassandra, distributed databases, grid computing
- Ability to build and maintain modern cloud architecture, e.g. AWS, Google Cloud, etc.
- Experience working with PostgreSQL/PostGIS for processing of both vector and raster data formats such as shp., GeoJSON, GeoHash, GeoTiff, NetCDF, PNG, JPG and others
- Experience with code versioning and dependency management systems such as GitHub, SVT, and Maven
It Would Be Great, but Not Required, if You Had:
- Experience with stream processing, e.g. Kafka
- Demonstrated knowledge of agriculture and/or agriculture oriented businesses
- Experience implementing complex big data projects with a focus on collecting, parsing, managing, analyzing and visualizing large sets of data to turn information into insights using multiple platforms.
- Demonstrated experience adapting to new technologies
- Capable to decide on the needed hardware and software design needs and act according to the decisions. The big data engineer should be able to develop prototypes and proof of concepts
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK! We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let's go!
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners?
Check out jobs.technologypartners.net.
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.