Are you looking for a new and challenging opportunity? Do you have experience developing automation or control system software? Technology Partners can help you make your next big career move a reality.
Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented person for a Research Software Engineer - Senior position.
What We Are Looking For:
- 7+ years developing automation or control system software in C# (3.0 and greater), C++, C, Java
- 7+ years developing multi-threaded/process application and the common constructs (semaphores, locks, pipes, queues) and patterns associated with them.
- 5+ years developing machine controlling software systems
- Desire to take ownership at a high level and deliver solutions
- Excellent system (software and hardware) troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Experience with and can verbalize the value of modern development concepts and practices including OO principles, unit testing, agile development, TDD, continuous delivery, and application profiling.
- Experience developing networked systems that communicate with data generating devices and data aggregation services
It Would Be Great, but Not Required, if You Had:
- 5+ years developing software interfacing motion controllers, linear/stepper/servo motors, and drives
- 5+ years experience developing with MS technologies such as Visual Studio 2008, 2010, 2013, .NET 3.5 and greater, WPF, Winforms, console applications, etc.
- Experience developing software targeting towards scientific applications
- Experience in developing applications on multiple operating systems such as Windows, Unix, Linux, iOS, Mac OS, Android
- Experience developing with network protocols such as TCP/IP and UDP/IP
- Experience using fieldbus protocols such as EtherCAT, SynqNet, DeviceNet, ControlNet, Modbus, Profibus, CANopen
- Experience using serial communication standards such as RS422, RS485, and RS232
- Experience developing data-driven systems using relational and/or NoSQL database technologies such as Oracle, SQLite, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, MongoDB, Cassandra
- Experience with PLC programming using Structured Text
- Experience with modern development tools such as Git, Jenkins, NuGet, JIRA
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK! We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let's go!
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners?
Check out jobs.technologypartners.net.
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.