Are you looking for a new and challenging opportunity? Do you have experience with software development? Technology Partners can help you make your next big career move a reality.
Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented person for a Research Software Engineer - Senior position.
What You Will Be Doing:
You will have the opportunity to work with a variety of automation systems related to seed processing, counting, packaging, and robotic material handling systems. These systems will be data driven and provide real-time results that drive the decision-making capabilities of other machines and people. This is an opportunity to assume hands on ownership of the architecture, engineering, development and support of the enabling software.
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related
- 7+ years' experience developing software in high level compiled and interpreted languages
- Proficiency in Python
- Proficiency in RDBMS and relational database design
- Proficiency in modern SoA technologies and API development
- Proven system (software and hardware) testing, troubleshooting, and debugging skills
- Proven ability and desire to take ownership when given high level direction, ask questions when needed, and deliver
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and ability to translate to audiences of all technical capabilities
- Flexibility for seasonal 2nd shift and overtime as needed
- Ability to travel as needed
It Would Be Great, but Not Required, if You Had:
- Experience with and an understanding of the value of modern development concepts and practices including OO principles, unit testing, agile development, TDD, and continuous delivery technologies
- Experience developing applications on multiple operating systems such as Windows, Unix, Linux, iOS, Mac OS, Android.
- Experience developing networked systems that communicate with data generating devices and data aggregation services
- Experience developing with network protocols such as TCP/IP and UDP/IP
- Experience developing data-driven systems using relational and NoSQL database technologies such as Oracle, SQLite, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server, MongoDB, Cassandra
- Experience with and can verbalize the value of modern development tools such as Git, Jenkins, Trello, and JIRA
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK! We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let's go!
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners?
Check out jobs.technologypartners.net.
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.