Are you looking for a new and challenging opportunity? Do you have experience with software engineering? Technology Partners can help you make your next big career move a reality.
Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented person for a Research Software Engineer - Expert position.
What You Will Be Doing:
You will be part of a cross-functional team of engineers focused on the development of advanced high-throughput phenotyping systems.
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelors degree in computer engineering, electrical engineering, computer science, or related discipline with 5+ years experience.
- Experience developing in multiple imperative programming languages (i.e. C, C++, C#, Python, Rust, JVM based ) and ability to learn new languages as required.
- Experience with embedded software and firmware development using 32-bit+ ARM, RISC, or x86 processors and controllers.
- Hardware design including: defining design requirements, research/studies, proof of concept, schematic capture, PCB layout, programming, testing, troubleshooting, documenting, working in unison with other engineers and technicians.
- Experience implementing industry standard peripherals such as USB, Bluetooth, RS232, and Ethernet.
- Experience developing device drivers using industry standard interfaces such as I2C, SPI, PCI, PCIe, and GPIO.
- Scope and determine work breakdown on projects, identify high-risk elements and plan and perform rapid prototyping or technical feasibility studies.
- Ability to drive software development in all phases of the product lifecycle as part of a small multi-disciplined R&D engineering team. This includes project planning, deriving requirements from system objectives, organizing and prioritizing work, and delivering results, and providing support
It Would Be Great, but Not Required, if You Had:
- Excellent system (software and hardware) troubleshooting and debugging skills. Able to effectively use all standard lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, protocol analyzers, data acquisition equipment.
- Experience with geospatial data acquisition and computation.
- Experience with camera data acquisition and image processing.
- Experience developing IoT and data driven systems
- Experience with and an understanding of the value of modern development concepts and practices including OO principles, unit testing, agile development, TDD and continuous delivery.
- Experience with and understanding of the value of modern development tools such as Git, CVS, Subversion, Jenkins, NuGet, and JIRA
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK! We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let's go!
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners?
Check out jobs.technologypartners.net.
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.