Are you looking for a new and challenging opportunity? Do you have experience with Java? Technology Partners can help you make your next big career move a reality.
Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented person for an Engineer 2, Senior Java Developer position.
What You Will Be Doing:
You will be responsible for designing and developing prototypes as well as performing complicated application coding and programming. You will interpret end-user business requirements to develop and/or modify technical design specifications for off-the-shelf and/or custom-developed applications. You will also analyzes and reviews software requirements to determine feasibility of a design within time and cost restraints. You will perform unit and integration testing and assists with developing unit test scripts. You may provide instruction, guidance and mentoring to less senior team members on new tasks and assignments.
What We Are Looking For:
- **********Corp to Corp Not Allowed, work must be done on-site, no relo.
- Authorized to work in the US and will not require sponsorship now or in the future to work
- Available to work in the St. Louis office
- Proficient knowledge of Java & J2EE (including JSP, EJB, JDBC, SQL, XML, HTML and associated technologies) and the use of those technologies in n-tier development environments
- Proficient knowledge is also expected in object-oriented application development principles, theories, and concepts using J2EE specific design patterns and usage
- Experience with MVC Frameworks (Struts 1/2 and/or Spring MVC), Hibernate, Spring, Eclipse, JUnit, and Log4j
- Experience with build scripts (Ant and Gradle are a plus)
- Experience with the configuration and setup of J2EE application servers
- Knowledge of Unix operating systems
- Solid knowledge of Oracle database environment
- Experience with the use of version control systems for code management (Git is a plus)
- Experienced with UML diagramming
- Experience with front end designing including prototypes and templates
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office desktop applications software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with various IT teams
- Candidates must also demonstrate the ability to judge between what is requested and what is feasible given the parameters of the technology and the project, and be able to demonstrate the ability to identify impending problems and raise and solve issues
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills which include the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw conclusions, and set priorities
- Excellent personal management skills emphasizing time management, organization, and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Excellent meeting participation and facilitation skills; including the ability to keep meetings focused, manage conflict, and summarize meeting highlights and tasks
It Would Be Great, but Not Required, if You Had:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Accounting background is a plus but is not required
- Experience with PeopleSoft financials is a plus but not required
- Experience with the Mulesoft Mule ESB is a plus but not required
- Experience with an Agile/Kanban/Scrum development process is a plus but not required
- Understanding of SOA is preferred
- Experience with the Atlassian Toolset is a plus but not required
- Working experience with front end tools such as JQUERY and AngularJS
If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK! We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Direct deposit
- Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let's go!
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners?
Check out jobs.technologypartners.net.
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.